I have been lucky enough to travel all over the world experiencing different cultures, meeting the local people, sampling the food and trying out new activities. It has been hard to narrow it down to such a short list, but here are my top 10 unforgettable experiences over the years…
1. Kayaking between the cliffs of Halong Bay
2. Following the footprints of a pack of lions in the South African wilderness
3. Snorkelling in the beautiful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef
4. Eating in the dining cart of a rickety train travelling through Eastern Europe
5. Watching the 5am sunrise over Angkor Wat
6. Sleeping literally under the stars and open to the elements in the Australian outback
7. Seeing the local orang-utans hanging around along the Kinabatangan river in Borneo
8. Skiing indoors at the Dubai Mall!
9. Bartering for goods at Bangkok’s famous floating market
10. Skydiving in tropical Cairns on the last day of my year in Australia!