The Liebster Award is a great way to spread the love for smaller or new bloggers all over the internet and share their work with the blogging community.
Here’s how they work. If you choose to accept it, write a post about it. The rules are as follows:
Firstly, thank you to Miss Apple Abroad for the nomination – such an inspiring and well written travel blog which, if you haven’t already, will definitely give you a bad case of wanderlust.
Here are my answers…
1. Is there a chance you regret never having taken in life? What was it?
I really struggled with trying to think of something for this one – I guess the answer is I have no regrets so far!
2. Name three non-material items in life that you just couldn’t live without.
This is such a tough question – from the immediate things which popped into my head, it made me realise how much we rely on material things in life…
Firstly, the sun makes me happy and affects my mood so much that I often think that, being English, I was definitely born in the wrong country!
Music – never underestimate the power of music and how much effect it has on us – it can inspire, entertain, uplift and empower!
Family – honestly don’t know what I would do without being able to pick up the phone to my mum, pop round to my sister’s for a cuppa and a catch up or ask my dad for advice on all things life…
3. What’s your secret talent?
I can speak French, Spanish and Italian, after studying it for my degree for 4 years and living abroad for one of those!
4. Is there anything in life you’re afraid of? What is it and why?
I guess my only fear would be looking back at my life when I’m older and being discontent with how I lived it or not taking opportunities when they came about! Focusing on the little things day to day that make you happy is so important.
5. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten whilst traveling?
When I was travelling in Australia, I once tried a Croc-dog (think classic hot-dog, crocodile style…) and was also known to enjoy the odd Kanga Banga (kangaroo sausage)…
6. Have you ever been in a scary situation whilst on the road?
Luckily, I can’t say that I’ve ever been in a dangerous situation whilst travelling…there’s been a couple of occasions where I’ve definitely felt out of my comfort zone but it’s never gone further than that.
7. What’s your dream destination and why?
There are so many places on my travel bucket list that I want to get to that it’s hard to pick just one. I guess that top of my list would be South America – doing a couple of months seeing the sights, from the major cities like Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires to trekking the Inca trail and seeing the salt flats of Bolivia.
8. If you could have a secret power, what would it be?
I’d definitely have to choose time travel. It would be amazing to be able to re-live your favourite memories from the past or get a glimpse into your future.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Eating Twiglets, watching reality shows on TV and I have a bit of an obsession with travel guide books.
10. Who do you have a, “life crush”, on, i.e is there anybody out there doing amazing, inspiring things that you’d like to get to know better?
I have actually just finished reading Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen. I had always followed her on social media but it was inspiring to read in depth about her difficult past and childhood and how she overcame it. She is trying to change the world bit by bit in the little way that she can and I think people can learn a lot from her!
11. What do you do to shake up your routine when you get bored?
Book a weekend abroad, plan my next big trip, go visit my friend in a different city or if I’ve got a bit of free time at home, just doing a bit of blogging, reading or yoga.
Now for my nominations...
And my questions for you…
1. What is your favourite hobby?
2. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the money?
3. What inspired you to start a blog?
4. If you could time travel, where would you go and why?
5. What’s your favourite travel destination so far?
6. What was the last time something nice happened to you or someone did something nice for you?
7. If you could invite any three people – dead or alive – to your dinner party, who would it be and why?
8. What’s your favourite film or book all time?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
10. What’s your go-to thing to cook for a party, dinner or other event?
11. Name one thing on your bucket list for life
Thanks for sharing this little piece of yourself with us fellow bloggers in these posts – it’s been inspiring to read everyone’s answers!